Richard's Project Blog

In this blog you will be reading about my final year computer science project at university. Feel free to make any comments and suggest any ideas!

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

My strengths and weaknesses

Probably not the most interesting of posts, but after reading the first couple of chapters in "Success in Your Project: A Guide to Student System Development Projects - by Philip Weaver" I have discovered I don't really know what my strengths and weaknesses are. One suggestion in the book is to write these down - a rather obvious but informative process, and this is what i'm spending my lunchtime at work doing;

My Strengths
A strength to me, but not to others
  1. Networks - Design and implementation
  2. Databases - Design, implemation and usage
  3. Linux - esp RHES
  4. Windows - esp XP and 2000 (2003 too)
  5. Apache configuration
  6. Java programming
  7. MySQL
My Weaknesses
Maybe cruel to say they are weaknesses, but would come under the realm of "would like to improve"
  1. PHP and other "server side" web technologies (JSP, ASP ...)
  2. HTML - back in the day I was the daddy - but things have gone too far ahead of me
  3. Perl - too powerful to ignore
  4. Documentation skills
  5. Time planning skills - i'm a good keeper of time, but often fail to plan my time effectively!
My project will neither focus on my strengths or my weaknesses, it will use technolgies and skills from both areas ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home